VOLUNTEER WITH LEGABIBO
Increasing Voice through COMMUNITY ADVOCATES
The Lesbians, Gays and Bisexuals of Botswana (LEGABIBO is dedicated to promoting equal rights and dignity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) persons in Botswana. It is through this that we are looking for members of the LGBTI community who are interested in defending LGBTI rights within their respective locations.
- Protecting, promoting and defending the human rights of LGBTI persons.
- Identifying and documenting Human Rights violations and ensuring support for those experiencing violations.
- Mobilizing the LGBTI community to ensure that they are informed on their human rights
- Participating in national spaces to ensure representation and participation of LGBTI
- Empowering LGBTI individuals to stand up for their rights
- Advocating and raise awareness among service providers and the general public
- Mobilizing LGBTI community to form strong social movements
Interested individuals preferably must be:
- Be 18 years old and above
- LGBTI identifying,
- Member and or volunteer of LEGABIBO,
- Have experience in working with and among LGBTI community with relevant track record.
Nata, Maun, Ghanzi, Francistown, Tutume, Kasane, Jwaneng and Gaborone.
Obligatory Personal Qualities
Applicants must be:
- Eager to learn,
- dedicated to support human rights and,
- subscribe to the values of LEGABIBO.
Botho; Acceptance; Non-discrimination; Equality; Humanity; Dignity; Respect; Social responsibility; Accountability; Transparency and ethics.
Our members, staff and volunteers act responsibly, respect confidentiality, cooperate and respect humanity.
If you are interested, please send your expression of interest in the form of:
- A cover letter
- Updated CV
- Copy of Omang and qualifications.
- LEGABIBO membership and or volunteer evidence
All applications must be emailed to email@example.com with the Email Subject: Community Advocate
or hand delivered at LEGABIBO office at:
or at the Francistown Office
Hand delivered applications must be in a sealed envelope with your name on it titled: Community Advocate.
For inquiries contact Bradley Fortuin +267 316 74 25 (Gaborone Office), or Kepp Medicine +267 71 743 829 (Francistown Office)
Closing date: 15th March 2018
Download PDF version here!!